Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Journal #2

For my 2nd journal I chose to watch Finding Nemo. This movie was pretty good even though I'm pretty sure it was targeted at kids about half my age. I had seen the movie once or twice before and again enjoyed the inspirational plot as Nemo braves the treachery of the 'tank life.' Regardless it was enjoyable to watch and I noticed a couple things while viewing the film. First of all the color; no movie I have seen has such vibrant and contrasting colors. This was quite appealing to the eye and brought to life the fear and emotion of Nemo's dad. Having him be bright orange and swimming in a dark blue for almost for the entirety of the movie gave him a large contrast to his vast surroundings. This brings up the ocean. To show how huge it was several extreme long shots were used to show the helplessness of the two comrades in the enormous blue sea. The next part of the film I took notice of was the scene changes. Mostly straight cuts were used, however when Daurie and Marlin are nearing Sydney many dissolves are used to show the end of the long journey that they have been on.

No comments: