Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Battle Of Algiers

The Battle Of Algiers was a pretty decent movie, however I am choosing to argue against the page with all the critics views. On this web page (http://www.rialtopictures.com/eyes_xtras/battle_quotes.html) the critics all have very high views of this movie saying things like "Legendary" and "The best movie I saw all year." I would not agree with these views for a couple of reasons. Due to the lack of protagonist it is hard to get as in depth in the movie as you might others. Since the viewer cannot really get behind one side they spend most of the movie thinking about who they should side with and by the time you've come up with who you want to support the movie has ended. Another reason that this movie was not "the best movie I've seen all year" was the fact that it became slow in several parts. Maybe it was the subtitles, but watching people sit and plot about bombing people was not at all enjoyable to try to comprehend. We knew someone bombed them and that they wanted revenge, no dialogue was necessary.

No comments: